Christmas Brunch Inspiration from Good Stock
Nothing quite tops that Christmas morning meal. Whether it’s after you unwrap gifts around the warm glow of the Christmas tree, or decide to sit down together as a family before taking in the rest of the day’s festivities. We’ve got some great plant-based brunch ideas for the holidays, sure to please even the most discerning palettes!
Take and Bake Options for a Hassle Free Christmas
The holidays can be a hectic time of year. Why not take some of that pressure off and pickup a few of our take-and-bake items perfectly suited brunch and beyond! A few suggestions from our ready to bake menu are:
- Tofu scramble
- Apple Pear Crisp
- Stuffed Jalapeños
- Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms
Plant-based French Toast Recipe
Made with the delicious Cinnamon Banana Bread from Loaf Me, this yummy french toast is the perfect edition to your holiday brunch repertoire!
- 1 heaping Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-5 slices of Loaf Me Cinnamon Banana bread
- Mix all ingredients except the bread in a large, shallow bowl and chill in the fridge for 10-20 minutes
- Preheat griddle to medium heat and grease with 1 Tbsp vegan butter or coconut oil
- Dip each slice of bread in the batter on each side
- Place on a griddle and cook until golden brown on the underside
- Carefully flip and cook until the other side is golden brown as well
- Top as desired
Get creative and try these other options
Here are a couple other great options to add to your brunch selections this holiday season:
Tempeh Black Bean Enchiladas
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 block tempeh
- 2 x 400 ml cans black beans
- 1 cup water
- 1.5 tbsp taco seasoning
- 6 x 6” tortillas
- 1/2 cup Prairie Melt
- 1/2 container of Good Stock Foods tomato bisque
- Dice tempeh and fry on medium heat with oil in a medium sized non stick pan until crispy.
- Drain black beans and blend with water and taco seasoning until smooth.
- Add the blended mixture to the tempeh in the pan and cook over low heat until mixture thickens.
- Scoop 1/3 cup of the bean tempeh mixture in the centre of each tortilla. Roll the tortilla by tucking in the sides and rolling over.
- Place all 6 enchiladas on a parchment lined baking sheet. Crumble Prairie Melt cheese over top and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, switch the oven to high broil for 3 minutes to finish bubbling and browning the cheese.
- While the enchiladas are baking, warm up the soup in a saucepan.
- Top the enchiladas with the soup and enjoy!
Savoury Lentil Oats
- 1 container of Good Stock Foods Red Lentil Dahl
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- Heat red lentil Dahl in a medium sized pot over medium heat.
- Add oats and frozen peas.
- Stir for 1 minute over heat until peas are cooked and enjoy!
From our Good Stock Family to yours - wishing you the happiest holiday season!